Monday 10 March 2014

Sweet Love ft Kim Yun Woo - First Impressions

Sweet Love ft Kim Yun Woo - First Impressions

"Sweet Love" is from Fiestar's second mini album "We Don't Stop". The style of this song definitely surprised me; it is pretty much the opposite of "We Don't Stop". Here are our reactions and first impressions of the song.



"Sweet Love". As I read this title I thought about red roses, hearts, candies, and happiness. I see cute couples snuggling and holding hands in the park on a sunny day. Right off the bat the catchy tune of this song got me grooving. Within seconds I was out of my seat dancing to this melodious tune. The trumpet piece sounds really good to my ears. I find this song seems to have a Hispanic element incorporated into it somehow. It reminds me of men with mustaches wearing sombreros playing instruments in some sort of restaurant where everyone is eating tacos or pasta. Honestly I am not sure why but I actually like it!


The story-line behind the lyrics in this song is pretty basic it seems. The main idea is that two people meet and it is love at first site. Their loneliness is replaced with sweet love and happiness. Happily ever after! I am always a big fan of happy endings.

Linzy and Hyemi have such angelic voices in this song. Cao Lu actually has a couple of lines. However, I am a bit disheartened that Yezi does not get much of a part in this song. I guess you cannot really incorporate a rap into a love song like this but still I wish she could show off her lovely voice a bit more. 




Overall I actually enjoyed this song quite a bit. "Sweet Love" is not considered a great song by Fiestar and I can see why. It does not really fit their style. Personally I like this song and after listening to it a couple of times, I find that it really grows on me and gives me great vibes. 

What do you think of "Sweet Love"?


1 comment:

  1. When I first heard it, the arrangement was a mess. i Don't know if it's the chorus or the 2nd verse already. I also hated the Intro, It seems so filler-ish.

    And I hate how Sweet Love is repeated about three times in the chorus. Last Problem is: I don't know who is who is singing.
    LOL it looks like I'm ranting but it's just my Opinion. :)
    Might as well download it again (After 2Years) . Maybe My opinion would change. :)

    ReplyDelete